My first certification client had her baby without me. :(
She was only 34 weeks! And our 2nd pre-natal was scheduled for this coming Thursday. I got a call from her yesterday afternoon. She'd had some bleeding in the middle of the night, so she went into the hospital to be checked out, where they found her to be 9 cm. Baby came less than 30 minutes later!
I'm furious at my cellphone company, because I had a message from dad that she was in labor, but I didn't even get the voicemail until AFTER mom talked to me later that day! (No record on my phone of any missed calls or anything.) AND I'm absolutely SICK over the fact that I didn't hear the phone ring when dad called. (Assuming my phone rang at all. It probably did, though, and I was totally unaware... to make matters worse, I've had the flu and I went to bed early with my good friend NyQuil.)
I'm paying her back 2/3 of her deposit, as we only had 1 pre-natal and baby's in NICU for 4 weeks so I can't exactly do a regular post-partum visit. (I will, but I have no idea how it's going to go.) And because I'm sick, I can't even go visit her yet. :(
I'm just beside myself and exasperated and discouraged and I want to cry.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment