Here are a few of my favorite things (as embarrassing as it may be to admit them. And this list is for guilty pleasures, which is why it clearly excludes the "normal" pleasures of non-embarrassing things like sunsets and puppies. OMG PUPPIES!!!! @_@):
Anyday guilty pleasures
- using up all the hot water in a 40-minute shower on a winter morning
- sticking my (clean! duh) hands in the grain and bean bins (what? it feels good)
- America's Next Top Model
- infomercials
- Bath & Body Works
- LOLcats
- celeb gossip mags and E! news (lol THS)
- glam rock
- the smell of flour
- IKEA
- foreign films (& indie)
- creating mix tapes (or mix CD's, or playlists, whatever the kids are calling 'em these days)
- Wheel of Fortune
- "Friends" -- I watch at least 2 "Friends" re-runs every day. Every. Day. My DVR is set to record them all and I play them in the background all weekend while I'm cleaning or making meals or even reading. It's like comfort food for my brain. (And why I watch them on TV is beyond me, since I have them all on DVD anyway. and I will so kick your trash all over Friends Scene It, if I haven't already (this means you, Cameron). (bring it on.)
Food, Glorious Food
- UHT-processed chocolate milk from Gossner's, maple bars from Provo Bakery, tortilla soup from Cafe Rio (must be in Utah to get these)
- I am such a nerd for trail mix. you don't even know. The Wal-Mart kind with the M&Ms? sweet cuppin cakes, that's addictive stuff.
- Churros from Costco's food court. (Oh. Em. Gee.)
- Einstein Bros bagels (Oh-Em-double-Gee)
- Tex-Mex
- I don't drink alcohol, but I will order an O'Douls to go with my meal if we're out for barbecue. It's a match made in heaven.
- oh, did I just say barbecue? dig it, dig it, dig it.
- hot-off-the-grill tortillas. Wow. just, wow.
- crepes
- Scones with honey butter!!!!!!!!!
- orange sherbet with Hershey's syrup (close 2nd = peppermint stick ice cream with H.syrup). I rarely eat ice cream since my stomach surgery made me lactose intolerant, but some things are worth the pain.
- oh! speaking of which... 3 words: Hot Fudge Malted
- toasted rye bread topped with raspberry jam and thinly sliced sharp cheddar. thank you, Mom. *heart* (this is probably my #1 comfort food, which really deserves its own thread. I could go on for days if we're talking comfort food.)
- peanut butter and jelly on Saltines
- rose petals. every time John gets me roses I have an uncontrollable urge to eat at least one rose petal. I can't help myself.
- Here's my favorite drink for rehydrating on a sweltering summer day, or relaxing after a really long birth or a stressful day at the office: pour the juice & pulp of 1 whole lime over crushed ice. Sprinkle generously with sea salt (yes, salt), then pour 12-16oz of cold club soda over that. Stir gently and sip away. John thinks it's putrid but this is a staple beverage in my family, thanks to my Dad.







No comments:
Post a Comment