Do you ever feel like there is just too much on your plate? Like the bubble that is your world is starting to crack, and the light shining through is too bright for you handle? I'm starting to feel it.
So much going on right now. I want to learn more, but I'm almost afraid. I feel like my head is already overflowing with what I need to learn for school. On top of that, with everything in the political world, and the wars going on around the world. It just seems like there is too much to handle.
Today my mind seems to be a whirling vortex of thought. It is sucking in what was taught in my classes, but it seems hard to keep up with everything spinning around. Freud's theory of development is getting bundled up with Isotopes and Cations. Social development and Crystilline Structure. Finding the slope of a tangent line of a function seems trivial too.
I need the world to slow down for a minute so I can catch up, but there is so much more to learn too. There are books I want to read. Things I need to know right now. I guess the only thing I can do is let the vortex carry me away, and see what I can recover after it settles down. Maybe this semester at college won't be as easy as I thought. My first semester seemed so nice, so clean.
So much to learn. I hope I can keep my head above the water.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







You can do it Babe! There's more power in that brain of yours than you're giving yourself credit for. :) *kiss*
ReplyDeleteTake your time.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was about 35 I realized that I had already learned everything I ever wanted to. I had read all the 'Harvard Classics'. I had read Ovid in Latin, the Talmud in Hebrew, Master & Margarita in Russian. I had read Kant, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche...
I was 35 three years ago. It has been an awfully boring three years since.
Spread it out a little bit. Go at your own pace. Don't stress.