Thursday, January 15, 2009

You Lost Me

Last night, John and I were out doing our pay-day grocery shopping. All was business as usual, nothing too out of the ordinary, when we noticed something odd in the Dairy section.

We were the only people at Wal-Mart.*

At 7:30. On a Wednesday.
*the only people in the entire dairy section, anyway. And it's a "Super Wal-Mart" in an otherwise bustling business district. So, to be the only people within a visible 50-foot radius was jarring.

What gives? Did we miss a memo? Is there a parade in town that we didn't hear about? A ballgame at the university? Bio-terrorism? What's going on? (Auntie Em, I'm frightened!)

We tried to figure out what would cause such a phenomenon as we made our way through the sparsely-populated aisles with the greatest of ease, got through the checkstand without having to wait in line, and loaded the car (sweet parking spot, by the way). We took special notice of the roads on the drive home. No roadblocks or traffic accidents; it just looked like any other lazy Sunday morning.

Except it wasn't.

Logan isn't that big. It doesn't even qualify as a "city," if you ask me. But it's usually a relatively hoppin' college town. We speculated over and over... since when is it a ghost town?





Since the 3-hour Season Premier of "Lost" captivated every couch-potato in the valley, that's when.


We have DVR. We can go shopping whenever we want to.
We shall not be beholden to some arbitrary, mind-numbing television program! Fools!



"American Idol" was great last night, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. CREEPY... but I think you should count it a blessing not having to wait in line. Those Wal-Mart lines can be brutal. Hey, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your friendship-- you really are a wonderful, strong and inspiring person and I'm glad our paths stumbled over eachother! You too Jon!

    ReplyDelete