John and I have been TTC our 1st for about 6 months. (I had a 5-week m/c last September, and a 6-week m/c in January.)
Well, I've had "the feeling" that something's been up for a while... AF was due 2 days ago, and even though I thought I should wait at least another couple of days, I couldn't stand the suspense much longer! I haven't been able to sleep because I just knew it, so I got out of bed at 2:00 in the morning to pee on the stick and.... BFP!!!!!!! :O
I've been all over the map about it... happy, scared, worried, excited, apprehensive... I want to be happy, but I'm afraid to fall in love with this one too soon (BTDT). Now, I feel guilty for being "dismissive" about our lil' one. John is pleased, but he's also scared to death about the possibility of losing another pregnancy, and the devastation it would put me through all over again. He doesn't want to get attached to the idea yet, but I've reminded him it's easier for him to put it in the back of his mind, because he doesn't have the physical reminder of a human being growing in his uterus 24/7! (I mean, really... how can you not think about it every moment of every day?)
We've already decided not to announce anything to our family until at least 12 weeks. (This is a private blog. for now.) I couldn't stand it if we m/c again and have to retract our statement. :(
*sigh*Anyway.... *happy dance + praying like crazy + crossed fingers + weepy mess* :D
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment