Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nervous wreck

Call me paranoid, but after 2 miscarriages I'm quick to worry over the littlest things.

Just got my BFP 2 days ago. I'm all of 4 1/2 weeks pg. Every little twinge or weird sensation sends me into a panic. I've run to the loo about every 3 hours for an undies check to make sure I'm not bleeding. Maybe it sounds weird, but I'm so GRATEFUL for the nausea and fatigue and sore bbs, because it means my lil' one is still hanging on in there. :)

I can't help but wonder what a "normal" (non-threatened) pregnancy feels like. Is it normal to feel tiny little "stabs" in my abdomen (like gas pains, only localized to girly areas), "ghost cramps" that disappear after a moment or two, "heaviness" in the hoo-ha area... (I feel like I should remember this stuff from before, but the little things got trumped by the loss itself.) I'm away from all my books and I can't find anything online that's very helpful.

Maybe I'm being an idiot, and it's probably (hopefuly ) nothing, but it's hard not to over-analyze and over-react when every minute I remain pregnant feels like a miracle....

No comments:

Post a Comment