Would you rather:
work at an office job where everybody thinks you're wonderful, writing training manuals in a quiet, secluded cubicle (a nice roomy cubicle, no less) where you can come and go as you please, and teaching managers how to do their own jobs for *average/okay* money, or ...
work under the Director of the university women's center doing admin work for re-entry students, coordinating the department's budget, helping with events and working with women of the community for *considerably less* money?
It's a considerable difference in income. an extra $6,000 a year is a big difference. That's $500 a month. we could sure put that money to good use. And either way I can still take doula clients and teach CBE. I'm comfortable here, people are nice, and I'm happy to stay. but working with women is like my dream job. I just imagine the career potential in that, and how many women's lives I get to have a personal impact on.
Gaaaaah!
If money wasn't an issue, this would be such an easy call. :(







No comments:
Post a Comment