Monday, September 14, 2009

Still here

37 weeks 3 days....
I really wanted to keep my blog updated with all the great "happenings" of my last weeks of pregnancy, but it turns out that's much easier said than done. I just don't have the mental, emotional, or physical energy to do it. I just don't.

But we're still hangin' out and feelin' groovy. Bean's growing bigger by the minute, and no matter how excited I am to meet him, I'm bound and determined to keep him in there until October. We are crazy in love with this kid!!! John and I have been doing lots of work around the house to get our space baby-ready, and we've been shopping like mad for last-minute necessities that we never realized would be so hard to find (or so horrifyingly expensive once we do find them). It's exhausting! I'd been hoping all along to have all of this stuff taken care of by now, so that I could just take it easy in my last few weeks, but it hasn't played out that way. Oh well.

This past Saturday, I had a lovely "Mother Shower" at my house, where some of my favorite ladies in the universe came and showered me with love and support. If there's any time in my life when I need love and support, this is it. Last month, I hosted a very similar shower for my lovely cousin Heather. It turned out beautifully, and I was hoping my own Mother Shower would be just as nice, and it was! It was such a wonderful experience, and I'm so grateful that my grandma, mom, sisters, sister-in-law, nieces and doulas were there for me (some in spirit. *smile*). Unfortunately, some of my guests couldn't participate (and a couple of others chose not to, which was a major bummer for me and I'm still not entirely over that yet -- but I'm pregnant, it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to!), but I think it turned out exactly how it needed to, and at the end of the day I was feeling recharged, uplifted, empowered, inspired and LOVED, which is exactly how every new mama should feel as she embarks on the journey of her lifetime. So... a great big THANK YOU to my ladies for contributing to this special event and for making this transition to motherhood so much easier for me. It means the world to me and I will cherish the memory of that day forever. Bean has some precious keepsakes for his scrapbook, and I have a uniquely beautiful piece of jewelry in the works that I'd happily wear every day. (The beads and charms I've received so far all go together so perfectly; you'd pay hundreds of dollars for a charm bracelet like this, and it's ALL MINE! And assembled with LOVE. It doesn't get better than this, folks.)

We have a big week ahead of us. In addition to our weekly prenatal, chiropractic visit (with massage! yippee!), and piles of dishes, laundry, food prep, shopping and tidying (the neverending saga), we have a little trip down into "the city" (anywhere outside of our little valley is a day trip!) for a Baby Shower on Saturday. :) I feel a little guilty looking forward to it, because I know what's in store (I helped my mom pick out a wrap and some diapers, which I'm thrilled about and dying to get my hands on). I'm also excited to see my relatives and to get away for what will probably be our last big outing before Bean arrives. Sitting in the car is brutal (it's nearly 2 hours one-way), but it's worth it, and my family is making a great effort to do this for us. We are SO grateful. I already know that John and I (and Bean, by extension) will be spoiled absolutely dog rotten (because we have been, already!), and we're astounded by the love and generosity being offered up. I still get pretty emotional about it, so I don't know what else to say.

It's hot in here and I want a nap. What else is new? ;)

Belly pics, you ask? Well, I just have to tell you... I really, really, truly and utterly despise photos of myself. Even when I'm not pregnant, I hate photos of myself. And pregnancy hormones take this self-hatred to a whole new level. People have been asking for belly pics, but I just can't bring myslef to share them on my blog anymore. It's not fun for me and causes way more anxiety than necessary for any pregnant woman. It's just not healthy, and I don't need it in my life. John is still taking belly pictures of me, so we can record it for Bean, but it's too difficult for me to share those photos with anyone. So, unless you can visit me in person to see my belly for yourself (which you're more than welcome to do), you'll just have to use your imagination. Sorry. :(

Well, I have to go to the bathroom again (surprise!) so this post ends here. toodles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment