Thursday, May 3, 2007

job interviews and feeling like a dork

So I just came from my interview for the management position. Couldn't say how it went. Okay I guess. But since I don't really care whether or not I get the position, I feel fine about it. Wish I could say I was excited or nervous, but really, I'm on the fence.

Let's play pros and cons.

Pros.
If I get this job, I'll be a "real" employee here (not just a "temp" assistant). The money would be awesome. The benefits would be awesome. I'd get to work with amazing people and learn lots and take on some challenging projects. (I do this anyway.) I might get the opportunity to travel on occasion, and schmooze clients at fancy restaurants. There are perks.

Cons.
I am underqualified, even though my boss would disagree. I am a newbie here, and in the off chance that they decide to hire me as a manager, it could create tension amongst some more senior members of staff. The hours could be murderous. The stress could be overwhelming. I am a pansy. I am perfectly happy doing what I am doing, so why change? AND all the time spent at the office takes away from the time spent with my husband and future family. Also takes away from my studies, which I don't have much time for as it is.

*le sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment