Tuesday, December 16, 2008

8 is great

I'm a Scrooge this year and have nothing of value to blog about right now. Well, that's not entirely true; I'm actually pretty excited about giving Christmas presents, but I can't blog about them or I'll spoil the surprise! But I'm a Scrooge in that I haven't bothered to put up any Christmas decorations (I doubt that I will), I refuse to participate in the treat table at work, and I really, really, REALLY don't want to go to any Christmas parties this year. Even though I'll probably go to at least one of them.

Luckily for me, I have friends who care about the upkeep of my blog and give me things to post so that I don't fade into obscurity. The Blog-Tag, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for keeping the love alive. ;)

This is what I shall call "Crazy Eights," which I got from
Lauren:

8 favorite TV shows:
1. Friends
2. Heroes
3. Big Bang Theory
4. The Daily Show
5. Law & Order
6. CSI
7. American Idol
8. ANTM

8 Books you recommend:
1. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler (if you possess a uterus or love someone who does, YOU NEED THIS BOOK. That's all I'm saying.)
2. "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin
3. "Gentle Birth Choices" by Barbara Harper
4. "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer
5. "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" by La Leche League International
6. "Pushed" by Jennifer Block
7. "Spiritual Midwifery" by Ina May Gaskin
8. ...anything by Dave Barry ;)

8 things that happened yesterday:
1. Enjoyed a very hot shower
2. Cleared about a foot of snow off my car
3. Went to work. bah.
4. John brought me lunch (Sammy from Old Grist Mill accompanied the BEST. SUGAR. COOKIE. EVER. this is why you should come to Logan, kids. the food is awesome.)
5. Went to baby
Asher's birthday party! :)
6. Went to dinner (naughty. restaurant food twice in one day = scandalous waste of precious moolah)
7. Grocery shopping. Needed yogurt. Oh! and General Mills cereal is on sale! $2/box! Go get some!
8. Fell asleep within minutes of getting home and within seconds of hitting the pillow. SO tired.

8 things to look forward to:
1. Finishing my sister's Christmas present
2. A day off
3. Seeing my family
4. President Obama! 1/20/09!
5. Babies
6. John finishing school
7. Me, starting
school
8. Owning a home

8 things on my wish list:
1. Babies
2. Doula clients
3. A new job
4. Health (and dental) insurance
5. A new bed
6. Finishing my certification
7. Teaching supplies
8. Vitamin and protein supplements (I know...)

8 things I love about fall:
1. The weather
2. The trees
3. My wedding anniversary
4. My birthday
5. Blankets and sweaters
6. Soups and stews
7. Halloween
8. Thanksgiving

8 people to tag:
1. You
2. You
3. You
4. I don't know.
5. Shut up
6. I'm not this popular
7. ...you know that round food? (inside joke. Becky, are you out there?)
8. "If we build a large, wooden badger...."

No comments:

Post a Comment