I'm mainly posting this here for my benefit so I can listen to it whenever I want to. (Go over there and click the Pause button on my "Soundtrack" playlist before you hit Play on this guy.) (This particular track isn't available on playlist.com, but it would be near the top of my blog's playlist if I could get it.)
Play. Listen. Repeat.
"The Difficult Kind" by Sheryl Crow (featuring Sarah McLachlan)
There was a time when I was obsessed with this song. Not because I'm a huge Sheryl Crow fan (which I most definitely am not, although I do enjoy Sarah McLachlan on occasion, depending on my mood), and not because the lyrics have any significant meaning to me, either (although they're great. "There ain't nothing like regret to remind you you're alive." Genius.). I just really, truly and completely enjoy the artistry of this song. The structure, the harmonies, the emotion, the vocals! the instrumentation! All perfect. I can listen to it again and again. In fact, I secretly fantasize performing it myself. Grown men would be reduced to tears and throngs of admirers would throw flowers at my feet.
In my dreams. >:(







I rated your post...twice...LOL! Winner and Weirdo is you...where' that option?! I love this song too! We can do a duet.
ReplyDeleteYES, let's!
ReplyDeleteIn my daydreams I play guitar and sing Sheryl's part. Of course, I'll have to change the key on account of my rockin' alto vocals.
But if you need a swap, I'll consider it. LOL :D