I've been blog-tagged by my darling friend Tracey. This "random things" blog-tag has found me before, but there's really no limit to random things to reveal about oneself, is there? It's the gift that keeps on giving (or the blog-tag that keeps on tagging).
I have a hard time thinking of things to blog about anyway. And, since Lauren is SO bored with nothing to read (haha *poke*), I bring you:
TAGGED
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 7 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.
1. I love making mix CDs and MP3 playlists. I'm neurotic about my music. (Just ask John about our wedding music.) If you're reading this blog, chances are you've probably already been introduced to my meticulously-crafted playlist.com blog soundtrack. (Really! It's a soundtrack of my life right now. Listening to it is like hanging out with me for a weekend. Only much less smelly and annoying.) Maybe you were accosted by the opening alarm clocks of Pink Floyd's "Time," for which I apologize, but I rather hope you were greeted here by a melodious acoustic guitar or piano solo, followed by the dulcet voice of a rock god(dess). Stick around and listen to more. I promise you, those songs are worth it. warm fuzzies! *sigh*
2. I get into "food ruts" where I can eat the same thing for breakfast and/or lunch every day for weeks or months on end and it doesn't bother me. (Turkey obviously doesn't count.) Yogurt and toast for breakfast. Crystal Light Peach iced tea. Ham & cheese on whole wheat crackers with V-8 juice for lunch. I've been in this same food rut (albeit not consistently) for at least a couple of years. I don't know whether this means I'm boring, ritualistic or routine-driven, but I'm pretty sure it means I'm weird, any way you look at it.
3. Speaking of "food ruts" I also go through obsession phases, where I'm addicted to a certain thing (like Goldfish crackers, or trail mix, or English muffins with peanut butter, or pumpkin cookies) and can't seem to go a day without it, until I never want to see it again.
4. I have a VERY hard time doing anything in moderation. I'm trying to think of specific examples, but ... yep, it's pretty much anything.
(FAIL.)
5. I hate leaving my house. Even if it's to go somewhere fun. Once I'm there, it's fine, but leaving the house is excruciating. John has to drag me everywhere. Even if it was my idea to go. (This is why I have no social life. Nothing personal, kids. I just hate leaving my house.) Needless to say, I'm not the outdoorsy type.
6. Unlike people who like to take their shoes off as soon as they enter the house, I tend to leave my shoes on all day. (Well, the comfortable ones, anyway.) This drives John crazy. I just don't like my toes to get cold.
7. I'm really squeamish about violence in movies. I can handle any of the sex, drugs, profanity, nudity and baseless stupidity you can throw at me (not that I'm seeking it out, mind you. I truly do prefer the PG-rated fare), but violence is super-offensive to me. I even struggle with the battle scenes in some of my favorite movies (i.e. "Lord of the Rings"). I also can't "kill" CGI animals or humanoids on video games (sorry, WoW fans).
p.s. I refuse to watch horror movies. Even the "non-violent" ones. I'm highly skittish and very prone to nightmares.
p.p.s. on an only slightly-related note, most "chick flicks" make me want to shred my face off with a rusty staple-puller. (considering how I feel about violence, this speaks volumes.)
So, that's the end of this list. I'm supposed to tag 7 people now. Hey, if I knew there were 7 people out there reading my blog who wanted to play, I'd name you and invite you. So if you're here and want to play, please do! And if you don't have a blog, you can play in the comments section. *cough*LURKERS*cough* :)
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Wow, you and I are totally identical. I'm all about mix CDs and our taste in music is very similar. I get into food ruts all the time. I also eat things like crazy until I can't stand the sight of it - in fact, many of your examples are past food obsessions, like Goldfish crackers. Moderation doesn't work for me. I'm a total recluse and can't stand to leave the house. I'm also sensitive to violence, while the other stuff doesn't bother me, and I have similar feelings about both horror movies and chick flicks. I can't stand to see horror movies. Even movies that most people laugh at, like The Village, scare the crap out of me for months. The only issue we diverge on is the issue of shoes - I can't stand to wear shoes. If I could get away with flip-flops in the snow, I would. I went an entire year without ever wearing shoes, in Arizona no less.
ReplyDeleteWe should totally hang out! If either of us can ever leave our houses.
Chandelle! That is wild! I'm telling you, we were separated at birth. ;)
ReplyDelete