Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Small pleasures, small pleasures. Who can deny us these?"

It's hard to tell from this picture, but that's my car's odometer turning to 100,001 miles. Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to pay close attention so I could document this "momentous occasion" (ha!), but I just missed it as it turned over. I was driving home from work last night when I noticed it, so I grabbed my cell phone for a shot (don't worry, I was driving slowly -- 20 MPH! see?). The picture quality is bad (it was dark out, and let's face it, I was multi-tasking), but I tweaked it up as much as I could. For posterity's sake, you know.

I've had my little 1995 Geo Prizm for just over 12 years now. It's been a good, reliable car. I hope it stays alive for a few more years! I'll be sad when it dies.

2 comments:

  1. 12 years and only 100,000 miles?! DO YOU PEOPLE GO ANYWHERE?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short answer is "No."

    The long answer:
    1. I'm not much of a traveler.
    2. I mostly use my Geo for local trips (work, shopping, etc.)
    3. For the first 8 or so years of my car ownership, all of my jobs, family and friends were local (within a 20 mile radius).
    4. I've only taken 2 "major" road trips in my Prizm. (Palm Desert, CA and Denver, CO.)
    5. These days, if I ever need to travel more than 20 miles away, I use our "newer" car (a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire). Because, let's face it, little Ms. Priz is no spring chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete