Near the end of my 26th week of pregnancy (late June), I was still adjusting to the idea of losing my job. The stress of it was getting to me and I was feeling very discouraged about the future and our ability to provide for our family. Luckily, John just started a job and I still had another week of work to tide us over, but I don't really have much to report for this week, pregnancy-wise, because my pregnancy was overshadowed by trying to find a new job and figure stuff out. Other than the stress, and the mounting exhaustion that seems to be par for the course at this point in pregnancy, I still felt like a million bucks, and I knew my Bean was doing well and growing big by all the wiggles being dished out. My "favorite" new Bean trick? He found the Exit sign over my cervix and has been knocking on the door. Sometimes kicking it, sometimes tapping it, but I swear it feels like he's trying to escape, and it knocks the wind out of me!
It does not feel good.
As promised, here's a picture of me at 26 weeks. Pictures like this are the reason there aren't more pictures of me on the blog. I thought I was rockin' this top and my new haircut, but this photo just proves otherwise. If I knew I looked this hideous, I wouldn't have left the house that day. In fact, I should stay indoors at all times and spare innocent bystanders the horror.
But... at least I have my belly now! (Do I look pregnant yet?)







You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving the baby belly!
Too cute, so glad you posted a picture.
And I dig your haircut too.
Silly pregnant lady. Don't you know how beautiful you are????
Hugs,
Hollie, Ben and Elaina