WHY do I have so many flingin'-flangin' survey thingies on my blog? Because I'm a narcissistic weirdo, probably. Which might make sense if anyone ever looked at my blog. I suppose I like keeping a record of my life on any given day. I can never think of anything to blog about myself or my life, and therefore I rely on questions from other people. Or, undefined, nebulous "Interweb" beings. Take your pick. So here's what my life is like (or has up to now been interpreted) today.
2007 - The quiz
JANUARY
1. Who kissed you on new years? My hubby.
2. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? Yes, and I am still working on it.
3. Does it snow where you live? TONS.
4. Do you like chocolate? Heck yes, are you kidding me?
5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? No. I get the feeling that watching balls drop is not as fun as it sounds. :P
FEBRUARY
1. Who was your Valentine? John <3>
2. When you were little did you buy Valentine's for the whole class? Yes. We also made our own boxes for all of the valentines to go in. It was always a big deal to make the most creative and elaborate Valentine box. And I was always very careful about which Valentine I gave to the boy I liked best.
3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not? I don't think it's very accurate, but... groundhogs are cute I guess.
MARCH
1. Are you Irish? I'm sure I have some distant Irish relatives, but I'm not directly descended from any Irish folk, that I know of.
2. Do you wear green every Year on St.Patricks day? Yeppers.
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2007? We had a little "green food" party at work. I brought Tricia's famous cucumber breadsticks, but I added some bell peppers, celery and scallions to green it up. It was a hit!
4. Are you happy when winter is pretty much over? Well, I'm not a fan of Spring when it's all wet and muddy, but I do appreciate the colors coming back, and the sunlight is therapeutic.
5. Do you do something special in March? I get to see my Kate! ALSO, I bake a carrot cake for my sister's birthday. But only if she wants one.
APRIL
1. Do you like the rain? I like being inside when it rains. I love the sound of rain on the windows and the roof. I love thunder. I hate being outside in the rain. Raindrops on my glasses irritates the heck outta me. The frizzy hair, the soggy clothes, no thank you. I hate the aftermath of rain and the smell of mud and worms. *gag*
2. Did you play an April fool's joke on anyone this year? No, it is cruel and heartless. I don't take kindly to pranks and jokes and laughing at people who believe you when you LIE.
3. Do you get tons of candy on Easter?? I'm a nerd for candy. But I try to avoid it because I'm fat. I've been known to knock back an entire bag of Cadbury mini-eggs in one sitting. (=fat)
4. Do/did you celebrate 4/20? Not "that" way, no. But this year it was right around the time of the Virginia Tech shootings, and it brought back a lot of memories about Columbine, which was 4/20/99. I had a blog about it that day.
5. Do you love the month of April? If I get a tax return, yes.
MAY
1. What is your favorite flower? Pink roses.
2. Finish the phrase "April showers".... Bring May flowers. And what do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims! (lame, I know)
3. Do you celebrate May 16th: National Piercing Day? I didn't know there was such a day. Anyway, I have no piercings.
4. Is May anything special to you? Between Mother's Day and Dad's birthday I usually get to have some nice conversations with my parents. And this year they were in town so I got to spoil them with real presents. It was nice!
JUNE
1. What year did/will you graduate? Graduated from high school in 1993. I fell out of college 2 years later and won't be officially going back for a while, so I couldn't tell you when my next graduation will be.
2. Did you do anything fun during this month? I went to a bunch of birth classes with my doula client and read TONS of books.
3. Have a favorite baseball team? I don't follow baseball anymore. Used to be a Cubs fan. Watched the Braves a lot. Can't be bothered with sports these days.
JULY
1. What did you do on the Fourth of July? John's family came up for a "Christmas in July" party. We had a barbecue and celebrated everyone's birthday (His family members all have their birthdays in July and August -- except for me because I suck). This should be called "Birthday in July" but we use Christmas wrapping paper, so. whatev. I missed the Hilton 4th of July party this year because I was at a birth the day before and with another client all day Saturday. Remember how it was like 105 degrees outside? sick.
2. Did you go on any vacations in this month? We spent a day at Bear Lake with my family.
3. Do you blast the A/C all day? Yes, it's unbearable without it.
AUGUST
1. Are you doing anything special at the end of your summer? John and I had a birthday date and went mini-golfing at go-cart racing, went to the movies and out for pizza and I played his favorite songs on the jukebox. Perfect dates are all I want out of summer. :)
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '07? I got to attend 2 births!
3. Did you have a sunburn? No I'm as pale as a fish's belly.
4. Did you go to the pool a lot? Not at all, actually.
SEPTEMBER
1. Will you be attending college/school? I'll be going to a Doula training workshop at the end of the month. SO STOKED!
2. Who was/is your favorite teacher? I had some good teachers in high school.
3. Do you like fall better than summer? Yes, it just "feels" better.
4. What was the highlight of this month last year, and this year? Last September was more of a "lowlight" than a highlight.... This September I'm just looking forward to my workshop.
OCTOBER
1. What was your last Halloween costume? I didn't bother with costumes last year, but the year before that we went all out with groovy Hippie gear.
2. What is your favorite candy? I'm a nerd for candy. shut up. uhh... Favorite chocolate bar is Milky Way. Don't get me started on the other stuff (Tootsie Rolls, almond M&Ms, Starburst, taffy, gumdrops, OMG STOP IT). and I know this is probably disgusting to... well, everyone I know, but my favorite Halloween candy is Mary Jane peanut butter kisses (molasses taffy in the black and orange wax paper).
3. Who's birthday is this month? Tricia on the 15th, mine on the 30th
4. What was your favorite thing about this month last year? Our 2nd wedding anniversary! (aw)
NOVEMBER
1. Whose house do you go to for Thanksgiving? Our own
2. Whats best about this month? TURKEY SAMMIES
3. What are you thankful for? My husband, my family, my job, my home, my health, my future. :)
4. Do you love stuffing? Only with all the rest... turkey/potatoes/gravy.
DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes
2. What is December 1st, 2007?! Saturday?
3. Have you ever been kissed under the mistletoe? teehee!
4. Get anything special last year? I remember more what I gave.
5. What do you want this year? Teaching supplies. And a Beatles calendar.
6. Do you like cold weather? I like snuggling up with my man.
7. Have you ever licked a frosted pole & got your tongue stuck? No. I love that movie, though.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment