John and I have been to see 3 movies in the last 2 weeks. This is a rare opportunity for us, so we try to see only the movies that we are truly interested in.
This month, our top choices were "The Simpsons Movie," "Stardust" and "Superbad."
"The Simpsons Movie" was an absolute scream and my face hurt from laughing. I will see this again. I will buy this when it comes on DVD. Need I say more? It's The Simpsons, after all. (3.5 out of 4 stars for killing my brain cells in an obvious-yet-enjoyable way)
"Stardust" was a cute fairy-tale movie, like a cross between "Princess Bride" and "Shrek." Cheesy graphics and "obvious" plot lines aside, this was a lot of fun, and an enjoyable departure from dark, epic, complicated, "deep," award-hungry films. (3 out of 4 stars for being cute and fluffy but also highly entertaining)
"Superbad" was incredibly filthy, yet hilarious. And wrong. So, so wrong. I love the "real guy" quality that Judd Apatow incorporates into his work, and the casting was perfect. but I feel ...dirty. And guilty for liking this movie. And if I wasn't going to hell before now, I'm certainly on the fast track. (2.5 out of 4 stars. I would give it more McLovin but it's just so dirty.)
Today's lame movie review (lame review, not necessarily lame movies) was brought to you by the letter S. And the number 8. (Work it out.)
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment