Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cici's Pizza

Okay, anyone in Utah (or elsewhere, I'm dying to know):

How many television and radio ads have you seen/heard for Cici's Pizza? And how long would you say these ads have been on the air? A year? Two? more? Have you ever assumed that if a local station is running an ad for a business, that said business probably wants your actual patronage?

This has to be a scam. Cici's Pizza doesn't even exist. I keep wondering if a new franchise is opening up near here soon, but they are nowhere to be seen. Today, out of fed-up curiosity, frustration, and indignation I went to the Cici's Pizza website to find the nearest restaurant. How about that $5.00 pizza! It must be popular, right? Well the nearest location to me is in Colorado. Do I really want to travel 380 miles for a $5.00 pizza buffet (no disrespect to Greeley, a darling little town with a kickin' jazz festival)? WHAT GIVES? If they're looking for people to open up a franchise, why don't they just say so? This is the stupidest advertising "campaign" I've ever seen. Two years later and nobody's fallen for it. Just because your average Utah family of 12 (don't look at me) wants to feed their crew for under a hundred bucks a pop, doesn't mean your average schmo listening to (local!) oldies radio wants to shell out half a million dollars to open up their own pizza store. I can think of few things less gratifying in life than managing a discount buffet restaurant for 60 hours a week. Undoubtedly even less gratifying than eating their cheap pizza.

Never mind my grumpiness, I have PMDD and it's either complain about something trivial to lighten the mood, or blow my brains out. (Seeing as how there are no cliffs to drive off of on my way home.)

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I don't know if they have one here, but we had this same problem with a joint called Sonic. Living in MN for 4 years, listening to those damn commercials, and there isn't a sonic ANYWHERE! Until recently when all of a sudden they are putting up 3 of them! WTH? it's a drive in place...in the upper midwest...sounds like a bad business plan to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go onto the Cici's website through the link Lady posted, you can read up on the franchise. Click on either of the store types. and I quote.



    Where can CiCi's franchise opportunities be explored?
    Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Southern California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

    Anyone see Utah or Idaho? (It is a bit of a strech, but we live 30 min away from the border.)

    Why must they play the ads here if you can't even build one here....? Come on Cici's.... Don't spend money advertising somewhere you don't offer an opprotunity to build your franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! That is very funny! I always get their commercials out here in California! But Blondie's and Amici's pizza are the best anyway.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megz, we have Sonic out here and it is definitely NOT on my list of Liz-approved dining establishments. In fact, just thinking of it makes me a little queasy.

    This is like having ads for White Castle or Jack In the Box. We don't have those here in Utah, and therefore, NO ADS.

    I just realized the other day that our airwaves are being infiltrated by yet another impostor: Dunkin Donuts. That's right, no DD in Utah, no franshising available in Utah, either. At least I've heard of Dunkin Donuts, but that's still no excuse.

    You know what would be a GREAT advertising campaign for attracting franchise owners? Advertising in areas where franchising is available. And actually saying in your ad, "To open a Cici's (or Dunkin Donuts) restaurant in your neighborhood, visit our website or call blahblahblah."
    You know what's a LAME advertising campaign for attracting franchise owners? Advertising in areas where NO franchising is even available, and only airing ads that say, "Come to our restaurant and eat our food. It's awesome!" >:(

    ReplyDelete