I'm eternally grateful to the aforementioned store/bakery for recently making the infamous pumpkin cookie a year-long staple rather than a seasonal highlight. It makes craving these little dudes in January so much less painful.
That being said, however, somehow finding the perfect cookie isn't quite as satisfying (to me) as being able to successfully create the perfect cookie. I'd happily fork over all my lunch money to get my hands on a recipe for homemade pumpkin cookies that comes even remotely close to what I can get in that plastic clamshell. (I've asked the bakery for their recipe, but of course they won't give it up.) *le sigh* What's a girl to do?
I don't consider myself a great schlub in the kitchen. I'm pleased to identify myself as "adequately capable" and frequently trumpet my Goddess-like domesticity when I manage to get something right. Not so with the elusive Perfect Pumpkin Cookie. What gives? I have wasted countless hours and cans of pumpkin on recipes that are just not up to snuff. I feel like a cookie-failure. It makes me cry when I pull bright-orange globs of goo (or dry, shapeless pucks) out of the oven and have to throw my cookie dough (and time/energy/money) into the garbage. :( Where did I go wrong?
I want a cookie that's dense and chewy, moist and cakey (not "sticky"), dark, warm and flavorful, without being overwhelmingly spicy. I'm dyin' over here. :(
Please, if anyone out in blog-land has a killer Pumpkin Cookie recipe, send it to me. Or send me five bucks so I can buy a box of cookies to silence my rage. (On account of I don't have five bucks. Or cookies in which to drown my sorrow.) the end.







I FOUND IT!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIngredients:
* 1 cup canned pumpkin (not spiced!)
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon milk
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
2. Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
**NOTE** I made a double batch and made "large" cookies, the same size that Macey's has, I had to double the baking time! They turned out perfect though!! My double batch made 2 dozen large cookies.
ENJOY!!!!!
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU