
So there's this sign at Taco Time, right? And they want you to buy their burritos, see? BUT! how does this even make sense?
If "your eyes are bigger than your stomach," it means you see a lot of food and want to eat it all, but you physically can't. Your mental hunger is trumped by your physical ability to contain all the junk you can cram in yer gob. Yes? So, if there ever was a meal that is perfect for a time when your eyes are bigger than your stomach, then it would be, like... I don't know, a big plate of food that is mostly air. Like cotton candy and cheesy poofs.
So... is Taco Time saying that their fancy specialty burritos only look big and enticing, but in fact are weak, piddly and unfulfilling? I have ordered a Taco Time specialty burrito, and yes, it is a lot of food for one person. I guess my eyes really are bigger than my stomach, because I bought a Taco Time fancy specialty burrito, and half of it went to waste because it was too much for me to eat. If you're a big eater, it's good bang for your buck. But that is the opposite of this campaign. What are they selling, exactly? Wasted food? Who designed this ad? Who approved (and subsequently paid for) this ad? Who keeps posting this ad in every Taco Time shop across America? Are John and I the only people who have noticed this? And, most importantly, WHY DO I EVEN CARE?
okay, I'm done. go about your business.







No comments:
Post a Comment