Saturday, March 10, 2007

The way of the dodo.

So I must be a real nerd, because I seem to like stuff that gets immediately discontinued or cancelled or simply removed from the face of the earth. Does this happen to you?

Yes, I'm a junk-food junkie, and I'm obviously better off without these things, but why did they ever have to get rid of:
Planter's Cheese Curls (we called these "crack-laced Cheetos" on account of the addictability factor.)
Diet Vanilla Coke (this is the way all Coca-Cola should taste, all the time.)
Hershey's Krackel full-size or king-size bar (it's only made in mini-size. so if you want a Krackel, you have to buy a whole dumb bag of minis for 3 bucks and throw away the flavors you don't like, and you get maybe enough minis to add up to a full bar that should cost you 75 cents, tops. You jerks, Hershey's).
Bar None chocolate bar
Mars Bars (Snickers Almond is supposed to be the same, but it just isn't.)
Keebler toffee crunch cookies and butter braid pretzels
Grands Butter-Tastin' biscuits in the short can! ARGH.
gummy spearmint leaves (I need these for gingerbread houses!)
orange Jolly Ranchers
Gardetto's Ranch flavor snack mix with the crispy noodles
Veryfine vegetable juice. it's got to be out there somewhere.
Albertson's Caramel Pecan Tortue ice cream. If you grew up in my house, you know what I mean.
Tab Golden Peach diet soda.
Schlotzky's Deli with the incredible cheese pizzas.
Wendy's chicken salad frescata.
Hardee's. Just Hardee's. good times. and cinnamon-raisin biscuits.
and an honorable mention to Quaker Crunchy Corn Bran cereal and Smucker's Low Sugar Apricot jam, which are both really really hard to find. Why must you vex me???

Other products I used to depend on:
L'Oreal Studio Line anti-frizz hair gel AND curling gel. My hair has never been the same. Do you know how much money I've wasted trying to find suitable alternatives? Burn in hell, L'Oreal Studio Line.
Mary Kay eyeshadow in Clove, lipstick in Malted Chocolate
Cover Girl acne control foundation
Wet & Wild lipliner #666. (Yes, they still technically make this, but in a "new & improved" formula that is sticky & goopy and entirely THE WRONG COLOR.)
Jean Nate floral body spray
Lady Speed Stick plain deodorant
Oust single-click wall spray thingies
Glade Candle Scents in Tangerine-Ginger
Pier One home fragrance spray in Spiced Pear
The only place I can find the laundry detergent I like is Family Dollar. This frightens me.

Gone too soon:
Freaks and Geeks
Sifl & Olly
The State
Invader Zim
Star Trek Voyager
Dharma & Greg (shut up, I told you I'm a nerd.)
Coupling
Ed vs. Spencer (my guess is that this might still be out there, but it's no longer available in the states)
The same goes for the good Britcoms that PBS used to show, just long enough to get me hooked before they pulled the plug.

I usually have a running list because this is a major gripe for me, so anything I've forgotten to mention today will be added later. Tell me about yours, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment