Sunday, April 26, 2009

1st Trimester Archives - Week 6

(continued from "1st Trimester Archives - The Beginning")

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 (5 weeks pregnant):
last night was good. i feel great this morning, still no actual pregnancy symptoms yet (apart from the total "face-plant" fatigue that hits me after any meal. and i'm either hungry or nauseated all the time. it's great, and i'm not even being sarcastic. i love it.) so i'm just going to do this minute by minute.

the next 2 weeks are probably going to be the scariest 2 weeks of the pregnancy. My first miscarriage was right at 5 weeks (within hours of the BFP), 2nd miscarriage was 6 weeks, and my 3rd was 5 weeks 3 days. I don't hang onto 'em for very long. I need to be prepared for this to end soon but I can't afford to dwell on it, either. I'm just trying to distract myself, which is much easier today since i still don't "feel" pregnant (although every little twinge or bubble or digestion-related feeling in my lower abdomen causes me mild panic). Every pregnancy IS different. I don't know why I can't follow my own advice to people. (I'll add this to my "DUH, Liz" file).


Monday, Feb. 2, 2009 (5 weeks 3 days pregnant):
We're still here. So far, so good. :) Still no pregnancy symptoms, except that my BACK is killing me. I'm going to blame it on my chair for now. Even though it's the "same old" back pain that I get every month. I really have to wonder if my innards are jacked up somehow. I had decided it was endometriosis, but now that I'm pregnant... what gives? I can't even take anything other than Tylenol for it, and I don't even like doing THAT right now. Ice packs, hot showers, massage, TENS unit, and rest are the best I managed over the last 2 days. I'm a cripple. And I'm only 5 weeks.


Thursday, Feb. 5, 2009 (5 weeks 6 days pregnant):
We will be 6 weeks tomorrow! So far, all is well. :) this morning I was feeling a little crampy, but once I got some breakfast in, I started feeling better. Nothing scary, but I'm still paranoid. John and I pored over the "5-6 weeks" section of one of my books and found it very reassuring that I was experiencing every single symptom for this stage. And all this time, I've been saying I don't feel pregnant yet. (listen to me, "all this time" -- it's really only been a few days, but it feels like FOREVER, waiting to come out on the other side of this. I just want to make it to 7 weeks. that will be a milestone for me.) My back is feeling a little better, but some days are just better than others. Most of this week, I've felt like a million bucks. Today not so much, but it's still early. I think I've been pretty good at taking care of myself in the past week. at least, i don't have any interest in eating or drinking anything that wouldn't be beneficial, so i'm taking that as a good sign.

I went off my allergy meds and we have some wicked air pollution right now (yucky side effect of living in mountain valleys) and I've already developed a little catch in my throat and some night-time congestion. I do eat locally-harvested honey, which is really good for allergy sufferers like me. My biggest hurdle right now is getting enough sleep. I'm tired, but I have insomnia like nobody's business. this morning I was up at 2:00 and tossed and turned for about 3 1/2 hours until I finally fell asleep long enough to start dreaming about my alarm clock... ugh

I've almost completely lost my appetite and I need to force myself to eat. I'm thirsty all the time (and peeing all the time), so water intake hasn't been a worry yet. I'm way ahead of you on the 2 litres a day thing. some days i get even more than that. :D The fact that no food is appealing to me is starting to concern me, though.

here's a funny: i think John is developing Couvade syndrome. he gets "sympathy symptoms" every time i'm pregnant. for real. this time he's having food aversions, nausea, fatigue and insomnia right alongside me. :) i'm sure someday it will probably get annoying, but it's cute for now. lol

i just ate lunch and i'm ready to face-plant right onto my keyboard.. i'm so TIRED! (isn't it wonderful?!)

so. that's the bean-report for today. it's still happy in there, as far as i know, so we'll just continue to take it one day at a time.

-----

(Go to The Beginning, Week 7, Week 8, Weeks 9-10, Weeks 11-13, Weeks 14-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment