(continued from "1st Trimester Archives - Week 7")
Friday, Feb. 13, 2009 (7 weeks pregnant):
I MADE IT!
7 WEEKS!!!!!!! It's a Valentine's miracle. :D
Wednesday, Feb 18, 2009 (7w5d):
So, BEAN. ohhhh Bean. I'm trying really hard not to complain, because it's a wonderful thing, it really is. All is well, but it's kicking my trash right now. OMG. lately my morning sickness has been like, "it's ON, woman." I'm GRATEFUL to have it, considering the alternative, but it's very difficult to live my life like a normal human being right now. I need to eat, or my blood sugar tanks, but everything is revolting to me. Even my favorite foods. If I do manage to gag something down (and I can usually manage about 1/2 of a serving), I'm terrified that it won't STAY down. I have to be very careful with my timing, because it's so unpredictable! Last week, the nausea would wake me up at 3:00 in the morning, and over the last few days it's hit me hard right around dinner time. It comes and goes in waves throughout the day. I actually barfed the other day. (I was wondering if that would happen to me, since my surgery kind of rerouted my whole digestive system.) Ohhh. And I'm starting to realize that pregnancy is just a practice drill for NEVER SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT AGAIN. If I'm not getting up to pee every 90 minutes (not exaggerating), my boobs are ON FIRE, my body temperature is incapable of self-regulation, i really feel like i will DIE if i'm not drinking a gallon of water, and our bedroom smells like BUTT so i can't breathe without dry heaving. Goodbye sleep. And I'm SO jumpy and neurotic and emotional... seriously, this morning John woke me up early and I was ready to call a divorce lawyer. And only 8 hours earlier we were snuggling and laughing like newlyweds and talking about Bean and our future. I'm a jerk. But certain people should KNOW BETTER than to mess with a pregnant lady. I'll cut you. >:(
(Seriously, people, DO NOT WAKE A SLEEPING PREGNANT LADY.)
Have I mentioned it's a magical thing?
Just one more month until we go public.
We heard yesterday that John's sister is engaged. John's dad said this was going to be "quite the eventful year" and John had to bite his tongue to keep from saying "you have no idea." How long before this excitement blows over and we can tell the family about Bean? John's going to fly out to California to spend Spring Break with his dad in a couple of weeks, and he really wants to tell him then. It's a bit early for me, but John and his dad are really close and he'd rather tell him in person. I don't blame him for that.
I've been in contact with a few midwives and I'll be setting up consultation meetings for this weekend. In my mind, I've kind of already settled on one, but I think it's only fair to go through the whole process just to cover my bases. They're all really nice, though. How do you tell a midwife you like that you've chosen someone else? I'm terrified.
Last night I had a dream that Bean was born, and refused to nurse and wanted nothing to do with me. FABULOUS.
That's all. I have to pee again.
Thursday, Feb. 19, 2009 (7w6d):
So I set up my first consultation with a midwife, and left a message with another. The first one was going to be our midwife for the last baby we lost. I still feel really good about her, but to be fair, I want to interview with more than just the one.
8 WEEKS! It still doesn't seem real. This doesn't happen to me! Who am I?
I actually managed to eat lunch today. No barfing. Go me. ;)
I've pretty much discovered that I have to be eating ALL THE TIME to keep from being sick. Last night Bean got its first 2 am feeding. I seriously couldn't sleep because we were gonna starve! oh noes!!!! I can't manage very much food at a time, but I'm dying to eat again less than 2 hours later. It's the only way to beat the queasiness. Thankfully I haven't had ANY desire for sweets or junk food (although the other day when I was reeling from nausea and couldn't even think about dinner, I sent John out to get himself something to eat because I was NOT gonna do it. I ate about half of his french fries and they were the best french fries ever). And I hope this helps me get some more exercise, because I really need to keep my strength and health up. My biggest fear is risking out of my homebirth.
Speaking of body issues, one other thing that's happening is that my boobs are like 2 cup sizes bigger, but I can still get my jeans on. I FEEL like I've maybe lost a little weight (I can sort of see it in my face, but maybe it's my imagination), since my jeans still fit even though my waistline is expanding. All normal, except that my ARMS are like tree trunks. huh? none of my shirts or sweaters fit me anymore. It's a combination of my boobs and the giant elephant arms. I don't get it. bah.
oh and also? i'm FREEZING. so cold it HURTS.
-----
(Go to The Beginning, Week 6, Week 7, Weeks 9-10, Weeks 11-13, Weeks 14-17)
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment