Monday, November 3, 2008

NaBloPoMo #2 - Ur Doin It Wrong.

I fail. But I'm full of excuses.

Yesterday I woke up in terrible pain and therefore got nothing done. The busy weekend (not to mention cycle hormones) hit me hard and I crashed even harder. I think I slept in a weird position or something, because I had a huge knot in my back between my shoulder blades. I could barely move my head. This happens to me frequently. I'm still getting over my last "bad back" episode of crippling lower back pain (which I've blamed on any number of girly troubles: maybe endo, maybe a cyst), so coupled with my new pain, I was pretty miserable.

John and I spent a nice day together, though, and he very graciously rubbed my muscle knot into oblivion. I had a ROUGH night, and today I feel pretty yucky again. Getting ready for work was an adventure, let me tell you. Still walking rather gingerly, and I can't turn my neck very easily. So, I'm just going to feel sorry for myself, because I'm good at that. (I'm not milking sympathy, just complaining in general.)

Last week I ordered a TENS unit for my back (because this back pain is near-chronic) and it can't get here soon enough. :(

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. That is pretty sucky. I have chronic back pain too. It came on about 5 months ago called..holding Aja all the time because you know, she's the boss. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you on Friday! I think Elaina enjoyed seeing you too! She loves visitors and was so happy that night!

    Just wondering, where did you order the TENS unit from and how much $$ did it cost? I have chronic lower back pain due to being overweight and having a really lousy bed and would KILL for a tens unit of my own... :)

    Love you guys!
    Hol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We found a cheap one here: http://www.americarx.com/Products/21444.html
    I hope it works.

    ReplyDelete