Thursday, November 13, 2008

There is nothing.

I'm so fully aware that I haven't blogged every day this month like I thought I could at the beginning of the month. There's just nothing interesting to say. How boring is my life?

I'm wearing a green sweater today. It brings out the color of my eyes. I noticed in this morning's staff meeting that green eyes are probably pretty uncommon in the world's population. I feel special. (Yes, it was a pointless staff meeting and my mind wandered.)

It's raining outside. John loves the rain, but I'm indifferent. I like the sound of rainfall and thunder, I love to see mist and clouds settling into the mountains, but I get cold too easily. I don't like being rained on. And it smells like worms.

I need a haircut. It's Mop City on top of my head right now. Stringy mop, not so much spongy mop. (That would be scary.)

I can't keep my mind off of my doula buddy Meghan, who is expecting her baby any minute! Although all bets are off. And she knows as well as I do that the clock for first-timers doesn't officially start ticking until 41w1d. That's another full week, chica. (She knows what I mean.) :p

Speaking of babies, I'm feeling very maternal right now. The other night, I had a very vivid dream of nursing a baby. I always have baby dreams when it's time to start up the baby-makin'. (We're all adults here, right? I can say that.) (Stop picturing it.) I'm going to petition right here for everyone who reads this blog to send up prayers, wishes, happy thoughts, candlelight, or whatever type of goodwill or positive energy you most comfortably employ, to persuade God and/or the universe to let us get pregnant for real this time. I mean it. Enough is enough.

We're exceedingly broke and planning on a slim Christmas this year. I still remember when my sister and her husband were newly married and they gave everyone a beautifully-wrapped box of Hostess snack-cakes for Christmas. That was awesome. So, if all you get from the Maurers this year is a packet of microwave popcorn or a TV Guide, consider yourself loved.

[Random Friends reference]

Ross: "You got me a 'Cola Drink'?"
Chandler: "AND... a Lemon-Lime!"
Ross: "Well. This is too much. I feel like I should get you ANOTHER sweater."


...Better yet, you can just come over for some killer homemade cinnamon rolls and we'll call it even. (I promise they're worth it.)

Oh, I'm so boring.

Happy Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. I'm in the clear until 41w...but they were talking about what they start doing after 41 weeks (NSTs, BPPs, etc) and she had the nerve to say the I word in reference to the 42 week mark. I'm not even there yet. I don't like that word and it's DIRRRTY! I'm so grumpy today. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're not boring, and staff meetings are ALWAYS pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what to do when they say the "I" word? "No thanks" and walk away. They're not going to sic The "I" Word Police on you. :)

    Just think of baby Caroline and remember that you can do it! Amy was pregnant longer than anyone I've ever known. You won't be pregnant that long. I think she set a world record. In fact, she should be the one calling Guinness. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be crossing our fingers that you get knocked up soon. :)

    And the cinnamon rolls sound so good. I may have to pull out a recipe and make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen re: the I word. Yuck yuck yuck! And "no thanks" is the best response on the world when it comes to anybody telling you how to have your baby.

    Just in my not-so-humble opinion. :)

    Lean Christmas around here, too. We're making different kinds of foods for people. BBQ sauce, mustard, etc. Fun stuff, cheap and specialized to what people like. Hopefully it works!

    ReplyDelete