Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tagged

Rules:
1. People who are tagged need to post these rules, and 8 random habits/facts/quirks about themselves.
2. At the end of the post you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.

This is not as easy as it appears, but I'll give it a shot.


I bring you:
8 random habits/facts/quirks about Liz


1. I have "theme dreams." Apparently, I have a problem with privacy. My most recurrent dream-theme is trying to find a public toilet with a door on it. I'm not sure I've ever run into this particular predicament in real life, but I'm pretty sure it would be nightmarish if it ever actually happened. I guess I have public-toilet anxiety. (But who doesn't, on some level?) I'd love to know the psychology behind this. I'm sure it's hilarious.

2. Speaking of dreams: like most people, I don't remember many of my dreams after I wake up. BUT, as soon as my head hits the pillow after a long day, my subconscious decides it wants to pick up where it left off the night before, and all of the previous night's dreams come rushing back into my conscious mind. John says this doesn't happen to him, so I must be the weird one. ;)

3. I've mentioned this before, but I'm neurotic about toenails. I hate them. Death to toenails. This is probably due to the way my own toenails grow in, because as soon as they grow even a tiny fraction of a milimeter (hard to get at with even the tiniest of nail clippers), there they are, snagging on my socks, dragging the bed sheets and taking up valuable shoe space. Also, they feel nasty. I cut my toenails at least once a week, or as soon as I start to feel them (whether or not they are visible). Seeing other people's raggedy-nast toenails grosses me out, too.

4. I HATE shaving my legs. The expectation or demand for a hairless body has to be the second-worst thing about being a female in Western society. (The worst is needing a perfect figure. Nothing quirky about balking at that, though.) And I don't hate it because of some outdated feminist ideal, I hate it because it's such an uncomfortable, inconvenient WASTE OF TIME.

5. I need to break myself of the very bad habit of wanting dessert after every meal. Not necessarily a full-on "cake & ice cream" dessert, but some kind of sweety, carby goodness to follow lunch or dinner. Usually a cookie or candy, but a granola bar or toast with jam will do. As long as it's sweet. My brain knows it's being deceived by fruit or sugar-free jello and I'll go nuts until I can get actual, refined sugar into me. Sick. Tell me how to break this. I'm getting fatter by the minute!

6. Stupid human trick: I can recite all 50 US states, in alphabetical order, in under 30 seconds. Honorable mention shout-out to my backwards alphabet that I memorized in a bout of insomnia when I was about 11 years old.

7. I love to make silly faces in the mirror. I can entertain myself for hours doing this. You don't want to get trapped next to me at a restroom vanity, because I will make you play along.

8. I rarely get bored or lonely. I'm totally cool being by myself with nothing to do. I lived alone for years and I loved it. I can always find some way to entertain myself or occupy my thoughts (books, music, sleep, etc.), and I'm not enough of a people-person to need company all the time. I'm not so good at the friends thing. In fact, John is all the company I need or want, most of the time. I know this will change when we have kids, so I'm enjoying it all while I still can.

The end. I tag YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Damn, you're quarky Liz....and I second the leg shaving thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably not going to help you...but it's really normal and healthy to want sweets after a meal. It's the body's way of closing the digestive process. So sweet away! I try to stick with healthy stuff like smoothies, so it feels decadent and delicious, but it's not really bad for me. In fact, with kids I like to use smoothies to toss in a bunch of stuff they might not have eaten that day, like some coconut oil for fat, some flaxseed for omegas and some greens for...well, greens. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a high-greens fruit smoothie with coconut oil and flaxseed. The trick is getting my hubby to eat it! LOL
    I actually had a similar such smoothie at a wellness fair this summer and it was so good I wanted to cry. How'd they do it?
    I settle for sugar-free popsicles or a low-carb yogurt instead. My tummy is picky that way.

    ReplyDelete